On 7/17/11 12:34 AM, Scott Vanderbilt wrote:
> On 7/16/2011 10:01 AM, Schwendner, Gregg wrote:

> I would suggest that you import your file into OxygenXML and work with
> it there.

+1

If you open your word file in Open Office then save to XML or HTML
you'll probably get something Oxygen can work with more cleanly than a
direct Word-to-HTML export.

Tangent: Note that if you have data in tabular form, Oxygen can open
Excel files (XLS, not XLSX) and will convert them in pretty literal
fashion to XML (a root element containing one element per row, each of
which in turn contains the contents of a single cell; values in the
first row can be used as element names). Then you can write an
XSL transform to get from that to an EpiDoc template ... this is exactly
the process we're using to jump-start the EFEO Jakarta Center's project
on the ancient Campa inscriptions from Vietnam since they already had
information extracted from old inventory lists in Excel.

And yes, by all means, do please join the markup list!

Tom

--
Tom Elliott, Ph.D.
Associate Director for Digital Programs