Hi Steve,

I'm currently doing research about the Spanish public bikes schemes, maybe I
could help you get some data from some of them. It's difficult to get to the
people in charge, they are busy and I don't assure you that they are going
to answer you, but I can direct you to the sources where some info can be
found.

We're also about to launch a survey to the Spanish cities and will present a
study about them on the National Public Bikes Conference in October. Please
let me know if you would like me to send you some info (can you read in
Spanish?).
I run a web page with a blog, a bibliography page and a map with all the
Spanish systems: http://bicicletapublica.wordpress.com/ (in Spanish also).

You may also be aware, but the OBIS manual has been recently published
http://www.obisproject.com/palio/html.wmedia?_Instance=obis&_Connector=data&_ID=779&_CheckSum=1882085425
OBIS
project has been the first European Project about public bikes and the
manual shows the results of a survey to several European cities with public
bikes between other work packages.

Best,

Esther Anaya