Dear all, I was wondering if anyone knew of any work within human geography on: 1) invasive species; and/or 2) the Ring-necked Parakeet. I am pulling together a piece of work on citizen science and would be keen to hear of any studies that might relate to the themes above. I am taking this statement from a British Trust for Ornithology article as my inspiration: "The introduction of exotic species to ecosystems can have severe consequences for populations of native organisms, but logistical limitations and shortage of historical data often hinder attempts to quantify the ecological implications of such relationships". This would be where the citizen science, ENTHUSIASM and Ring-necked Parakeets come in. Once again I am happy to share any useful links on my blog: http://hilarygeoghegan.wordpress.com
Thanks a million in advance,
Hilary