I think it is a sign of consideration/courtesy since so many people are willing to provide very good authoritative information to people requesting information/advice.  It also provides the reader a guide to the ability and standing of the person providing the query.

Even though its a public forum, this site is used for commercial issues.

This issue has been raised on many occasions.

Regards
Nik

Mr N Reynolds

BSc(Hons), MSc, CGeol, FGS, MIEnvSc, EurGeol

Senior Environmental Geologist

This e-mail requires acknowledgement to ensure the sender that the correct recipient has received all information requested/necessary.

*:       Park House, Sandpiper Court, Chester Business Park, Chester, CH4 9QU
(: (01244) 684910                      (: Direct Dial No. (01244) 684919

7: (01244) 684911

Web:  http://www.coopers.co.uk

View Nik Reynolds's profile on LinkedIn

Private and Confidential

This message may contain private and confidential Information. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform us and delete the message immediately. Cooper Associates believes that this email and any attachments are free of any virus or other defect which may adversely affect a computer, however it is your responsibility to carry out appropriate virus and other checks to ensure that this message and any attachments do not affect your systems and Cooper Associates does not accept any responsibility from any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

Privileged and confidential information and/or copyright material may be contained in this e-mail. The information and material is intended for the use of the intended addressee only. If you are not the intended addressee you may not copy or deliver it to anyone else or use it in any unauthorised manner. To do so is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please advise the sender immediately by return e-mail and destroy all copies.

Cooper Associates promotes a sustainable environment.  Please only print this email if necessary.  Where possible please store and record this e-mail electronically rather than on paper.