A "decision" is the retrospective justification of an action. (Sartre)

From: Gavriel Ansara <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, 27 July, 2011 14:42:34
Subject: [COMMUNITYPSYCHUK] Seeking mental health clinicians to participate in a survey!

[Dear friends and colleagues,

My co-researchers and I would greatly appreciate it if you could share the notice below on any listserves that might have mental health clinicians on them or share it with individuals who might want to participate. We are seeking participants who are clinicians of any kind in any branch, field, or topic of mental health (more details below), with no particular areas of interest or expertise required. Ideally, we could get as diverse a sample as possible. Unfortunately, for the purposes of this particular analysis, we can only look at data from people who are currently practicing in the US or the UK.Thanks!

Gavi]

We are a small team of researchers from various doctoral programs and disciplines in psychology from across the United States and from the United Kingdom.

We are conducting a research study called “Clinical Decisions,” to look at how mental health professionals make decisions about clients' or patients' clinical problems or disorders. We are interested in learning more about your own subjective process, experiences, and background in this area. The survey is anonymous and confidential.

We are looking for participants who meet the following criteria:

1) Are a currently practicing clinician in any area of mental health – therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, etc.

2) Practice in the United States or the United Kingdom

If this sounds like you please read on and/or send this on to others who may meet this criteria!

This is a survey which, should you choose to participate, will take about 25 minutes to complete. It does not record your IP address and uses encrypted software to protect your data. The survey involves reading a short case study. Then, you will be asked to provide a diagnostic impression and complete a few short questionnaires, as well as demographic information.

To begin participating in the study (and to learn more) paste this link into your browser:

https://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/485511/Clinical-Decisions-Study

This study has been approved the Muhlenberg College Institutional Review Board: # PSYCH 1140 and has received a favourable ethical opinion from the University of Surrey Ethics Committee.

Please feel welcome to forward this link to any listserves or people who might find it of interest.

Thank you for your time and support,

Clinical Decisions study team ([log in to unmask])