Dear all,

A reminder that the Inaugural Symposium of the Centre for Biomolecular Spectroscopy will take place on Friday, 9 September 2011 at King's College London. All welcome. If you would like to attend but have not yet registered, please could you do so by writing to [log in to unmask] by 1 August - registration is free but we do need to know who will attend so that we can organise catering.

The programme for the day is as follows:

-----------------
09:15 Coffee

10:00 Welcome - Roger Morris

10:15 Morning session - Chair: Brian Sutton

Brian Sykes FRS (University of Alberta) - “Using NMR to unravel cardiac function: Ischemia and drug design”
Sasi Conte (King’s College London) - “Structure and RNA biology of the La-related proteins”
Sheena Radford (University of Leeds) - “Folding intermediates: Friend or foe?”

12:15 Lunch - posters

13:30 Afternoon session I - Chair: Mark Pfuhl

Rainer Kuemmerle (Bruker Biospin) - “CryoProbe applications for BioNMR”
Chris Dobson FRS (University of Cambridge) - "Life on the edge: the nature and origins of protein misfolding diseases"
Alex Drake (King’s College London) - “The multi-mode optical spectrometer: applications in biophysics”

15:15 Tea and coffee - posters

15:45 Afternoon session II - Chair: James Mason

Tony Watts (University of Oxford) - “Peering into the binding sites of membrane drug targets”
Jim McDonnell (King’s College London) - “Structure, interactions and inhibitors of the IgE network”

17:00 Closing remarks - Brian Sykes FRS

17:15 Inauguration by Professor Sir Richard Trainor KBE, Principal of King’s College London, followed by drinks (Wolfson Wing)

Feel free to download and display the poster in your workplace - http://tiny.cc/2n402

We would like to acknowledge the financial support for this symposium of Applied Photophysics Ltd, Bruker UK Ltd, CortecNet, Goss Scientific Instruments Ltd, Sigma-Aldrich Company Limited, VWR International and John Wiley and Sons Ltd.

Best wishes,

Andrew Atkinson
Sasi Conte
Jim McDonnell