Important: Do *NOT* reply to this e-mail to apply for this position.
Only applications processed through the apply link will be accepted. Any
direct replies to this e-mail will be ignored.

Passionate About Science

We're passionate and rigorous about our science. For more than 30 years,
Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry, using
innovative science to develop breakthrough medicines that improve the
lives of people with serious or life-threatening diseases.

The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA,
headquarters:

Senior Scientist- X-Ray Crystallography & Technology

Responsibilities:

Genentech has an opportunity for an outstanding X-ray crystallographer
to join the Genentech Structural Biology Department as a Senior
Scientist (Technology). The department encompasses protein expression,
purification, crystallography, and NMR spectroscopy, and collaborates
with scientists and project teams throughout the Research organization.
Primary job responsibilities include being an integral member of project
teams, creatively applying crystallography to structure-based drug
design, and providing strategic and managerial oversight of protein
expression, purification and crystallography approaches for projects at
all stages of the drug discovery pipeline. In addition to participation
on project teams, the successful candidate will be expected carry out
innovative research resulting in co- and lead-authored publications on
structures of therapeutic and biological importance.

Requirements:

This position requires a PhD in Structural Biology, Biophysics,
Biochemistry or related discipline, relevant post doctoral experience
and at least five years of additional experience as an independent
scientific investigator or group leader. The candidate must have
experience with successfully managing external resource and/or leading
multi-disciplinary project teams and a strong publication record in top
tier journals is required. Technical expertise in solving X-ray crystal
structures including hand-on operation of relevant data collection
devices and software packages is required along with an established
track record as an effective manager. The ideal candidate is a skillful
speaker at high profile internal and external forums.

The successful candidate will show evidence of sustained productivity,
creativity and independent contributions to science; and must also be
highly organized, motivated, work independently in a collaborative
team-oriented setting, and have strong managerial and communication
skills. The applicant must be passionate about applying structural
biology to the pursuit of drug discovery including using structure-based
drug design and carrying out cutting edge research on protein complexes
of importance to human diseases. Demonstrated scientific leadership
resulting in significant achievements either in a collaborative academic
setting or in the context of multi-disciplinary projects team in a
biotech/pharmaceutical setting is a must.

Passionate About Our People

We recognize that our people are our most important asset. It's why we
foster an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and offer
competitive healthcare and benefits to help you bring the best to the
business and to your personal life.

Join us as we continue to tackle medicine's most challenging problems
and live a life inspired. To apply for this job, visit
https://roche.taleo.net/careersection/test/jobapply.ftl?lang=en&job=0037
7162&src=JB-11480.

Now a member of the Roche Group, Genentech has multiple medicines on the
market for cancer and other serious illnesses. We are an equal
opportunity employer.