*PLEASE NOTE REVISED CLOSING DATE*
[ Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Genome Damage and Stability Centre, University of Sussex - Ref 292 ]
An MRC-funded post is available in the laboratory of Professor Laurence Pearl and Dr Antony Oliver to study the structure and function of the Smc5/6 complex.  This project forms part of a coordinated multi-disciplinary approach in collaboration with the laboratories of Dr Jo Murray, Dr Felicity Watts and Prof Alan Lehmann.

The Genome Damage and Stability Centre is an internationally renowned institute carrying out research on the response of cells to DNA damage, genome instability and its relationship to human disease. It provides a concentration of relevant expertise and technologies for cancer research.

We are seeking to appoint a structural biologist to be responsible for expression, purification, crystallization and structural analysis of proteins that comprise the Smc5/6 complex. Applicants must have a PhD, and experience in recombinant expression and protein purification.  Previous experience of crystallisation and X-ray crystallography would be an advantage.

The post is full-time, for a fixed term for 36 months, with an expected salary range of between £29,972-£35,788 per annum.

*Informal* enquiries about the post can be made to either Professor Pearl; [log in to unmask], or Dr Oliver; [log in to unmask].

Application forms, plus additional details about the post, can be found at:  http://www.sussex.ac.uk/Units/staffing/personnl/vacs/vac292-293.shtml
*** Closing date for applications is:  29 July 2011 ***
The University of Sussex is committed to equality of opportunity and we encourage diversity in the workplace. We have a legal responsibility to ensure that all employees have the right to live and work in the UK. For some vacancies we may be able to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship subject to the resident labour market test being met and the preferred candidate being able to pass the points-based assessment. Before applying for any jobs please check current immigration laws in relation to your circumstances at www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk

---
Dr Antony W Oliver
Senior Research Fellow
CR-UK DNA Repair Enzymes Group