Hi,

I recently found the problem that after finishing the installation of CCP4-6.2.0 on RHEL5, if the installation destination is not the default path (/usr/local/), the ccp4.setup for csh wouldn't take the customized TCLTK path correctly. No matter if I used sh or csh to install the CCP4 package. This would result in programs using wish failed to start (e.g., ccp4i) from csh. Perhaps it's also related to the issue in this thread.

Wei-Chun

We've found that the behaviour of this call is dependent on TCL versions and that we have problems installing on 64bit fink (OSX) because the version of TCL. When I download and install CCP4 onto Ubuntu or SUSE I get a big package (>1GB) that contains CCP4 and a compatible version of TCL. The CCP4 installation then adds the following calls to my .bashrc:

source /home/saul/ccp4-linux-6.2.0/setup-scripts/sh/ccp4.setup
source /home/saul/ccp4-linux-6.2.0/setup-scripts/sh/ccp4-others.setup

The ccp4-others.setup pulls in the correct TCL environment. Is your installation of CCP4 similar?

Thanks for reporting this problem - it will hopefully improve future versions of ARP/wARP.

Saul Hazledine