Ph.D. studentship in Durham (UK)

Dear all,

I am trying to decide on the many variables I need to consider to attempt a co-crystal between a protein I work on and a DNA oligo of ~35nt in length.

As well as molar ratio which from the literature I have seen 1.2-1.5 in excess of DNA, I note from the various oligo companies that there are several levels of purity available.

I would be very interested to hear from you about your experiences specifically trying VARIOUS purity levels and also the specific company you used?  Also, any rationalisation as to what the contaminating entities are which may prevent co-crystallisation would be welcome.

If you reply direct to me, I would be happy to provide a digest of responses for the board?

Any help/advice/anecdotes would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

charlie

Dr. Charles Allerston

Genome Integrity Group