Thank you for the clarification.

So you have two independent crystal forms from the 'same' condition and one
of them does not grow in space. Sounds like there is some basis to the
theory that lack of gravity caused the first form to disappear.
Unfortunately it can also be the subtle changes in apparatus, differences
for example how the temperature *varied* during incubation (yes,
averaging on 20 but with what fluctuation and duty cycle, etc.) or the
slightly different (differently aged even) batches of solution used for
crystallization.
When you say that you've not found any 'major' structural changes - did you
find some 'minor' ones that are truly there (i.e. not artefacts of
refinement with different resolution and data quality)? Are they interesting
in any way? Otherwise it sounds like you've got the 'too many variables, but
something is different enough to change the outcome' scenario that is oh so
typical of crystallization, with a side note that space flight was one of
the variables. In this case, I would avoid the term 'explain' and use
'rationalize' or 'speculate' instead :)

Artem