Hi all,

I am putting the finishing touches on a structure and as a good little
crystallographer I am running it through Molprobity and PDB validation to
make sure everything clears before deposition. Everything was looking
alright until I threw the file into the PDB validation server and suddenly
there are a significant number of solvents that violate the 3.5 angstrom
rule. Concerned that something had gone wrong I put an older file that I had
run through the server in April. I was shocked to discover that the file
with only one "questionable solvent" in April now has 173 of them.

I know that the PDB updated its validation server in May as described in
their news link but it seemed to indicate an increase in output options
rather than a change in criteria. Is anyone aware of  what changes were made
to the validation server in regards to the preferred geometrical and
stereochemical features?

Thanks for your time,

Katherine