I'm trying to read it but am having difficulty keeping a straight face at such as:

"Many poets, dodging between welfare and dead-end jobs, cultivate a hand-me-down appearance that establishes street cred but does nothing to inspire confidence in the larger world. "

!!! This is of course true. I was at a mass gathering recently in London and you should have seen them - especially JH Prynne and Peter Riley - Chaplinesque would be the polite term :)

And then we have:

'Moreover, as poetry is the most severely literary of the arts, it does not translate readily to films, TV programmes or mini-series'

at which point I have been unable to go further? Have you seen the film of the sonnet. Nah, but I heard Tanka did 37 episodes before they cut it (Ed Reardon fans might like that)

best

david