I had to laugh at Tim's description of a poet (young or old) cut off
from any understanding of any world but their own, orbiting out there at
the farthest trembling tether of their inspiration and then being asked
to do anything other than hand their precious works from out of the
clouds to the eager hands of a publisher ready, willing, and perfectly
able to do it all for the new comet flashing across the heavens.  I know
that Tim did Terrible Work for years and so has an understanding of
these things, but I'm almost certain that he didn't handle the budding
geniuses in quite the manner he suggests. (If he did, he'd probably
make a great OB-GYN and should consider the career change.)

Helping with the process of publication is not asking anyone to be or
become an extrovert, Tim, it's just introducing them to the realities
of alternative press.  We do ask for help with ahadada books, but that
help can take many forms, from placing our books in their local
university library to type-setting and web work.

I don't think that's ever driven a genius away, especially if they know
that we believe in what they do.  On the other hand, it's gotten rid of
a scad of prima donnas.

Jess