Dear All
As I hope most of you know the Archives and Records Association annual conference is being held in conjunction with the International Council on Archives and is at the Hilton Grosvenor Hotel, Edinburgh 31st August – 2nd September 2011. This is a one off which will not be repeated. The conference theme for 2011 is Advocacy, we will be discussing how best to advocate and how best to speak up for what we do. What are archives for? What is the purpose of records management? Why are archives and records management important?

As with all our conferences now there is also a seperate comprehensive conservation stream throughout.

This will be a unique opportunity to meet international colleagues.

General information about the conference is available on the link below

http://www.archives.org.uk/ara-conference/the-ara-conference.html

The Conference programme is also available at

http://www.archives.org.uk/images/documents/conference-2010/ara%20a5%20programme%202nd%20june%202011.pdf

and finally Speaker abstracts and biographies are here

http://www.archives.org.uk/ara-conference/speakers-abstracts-and-biographies.html

Bookings are going well which means I hopefully don't sound quite as paranoid as last year! The best hotel rooms are being allocated on a first come first served basis.

Regards

John
--
John Chambers