Imperial College London
School of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine

Applications Invited for Academic Positions in Imperial's new School of
Public Health

Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer/ Reader in Statistical Genetics/Statistical
Bioinformatics

Salary Range:
Lecturer: £42,500 to £47,450 per annum
Senior Lecturer/Reader: £52,400 minimum per annum (level of appointment
dependent on experience)

The School of Public Health was recently launched with the aim of
addressing the major public health challenges of the 21st century. It
undertakes world-class research at local, national and international
levels, with translation into improvements in disease prevention. The
School's research scored in the top two epidemiology and public health
submissions to the UK's 2009 Research Assessment Exercise and has a
significant research portfolio with total grants and contracts in excess
of £25 million per year.

Applications are now sought for academic positions in the School of
Public Health. This post in the Department of Epidemiology and
Biostatistics is based at the College's St. Mary's campus. The
Biostatistics group has world leading expertise in Bayesian methodology
and its applications in epidemiology and genomics. The successful
candidate will be appointed at Lecturer, Senior Lecturer or Reader level
and will have a proven, world-class research track record. The candidate
will have a PhD in Statistics or equivalent and a strong record of
publications and collaborative work commensurate with the level of
appointment. Experience of training undergraduate and postgraduate
students as well as experience of supervision of higher degrees (PhD,
MD(Res) are expected as commensurate with the level of appointment.

For further details on the School of Public Health see our web site:
www.imperial.ac.uk/publichealth

For informal discussions please contact Professor Sylvia
Richardson, (Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics),

The post is full time permanent contract based at Imperial College
within the School of Public Health.

Further details on the position can be found at the college website and
our preferred method of application is online via our website
http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/employment. Please complete and upload an
application form as directed quoting the relevant Job Reference: SM028-11c

Alternatively, if you are unable to apply online or have any queries
about the application process, please contact Maria Monteiro, Senior
Appointments Coordinator, via e-mail: [log in to unmask] for
Readership appointments; or Eszter Vag, via email: [log in to unmask]
for Lectureship and Senior Lectureship appointments.

Closing Date: 31 August 2011

Interview date: 12 September 2011

Committed to equality and valuing diversity.  We are also an Athena
Silver SWAN Award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and a Stonewall
Top 100 Employer 2011.

SIGNOFF allstat