Graduate Statistician : £18,000 : Bath & Cardiff

I am an independent consulting statistician based in Bath with 20 years’
experience of using statistical thinking and methods to solve business
challenges around the world.  The breadth of my experience is unusual and I
have worked with clients in recruitment, purchasing, finance, sales,
marketing, R&D, IT, engineering, manufacturing, agriculture, scientific and
sporting fields.  The following is a list of some recent clients and the
landing pages for the hyperlinks give a flavour of the kind of the work
involved:

·    Innovantage
<http://www.innovantage.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3
7&Itemid=35>  - the UK’s leading provider of on-line recruitment market
intelligence.

·    Consumer Intelligence <http://consumerintelligence.com/white-papers>  –
the main reference quoted in motor insurance TV adverts.

·    Cognisant Research
<http://stage.cognisantresearch.com/services/local-authorities/pupil-forecas
ting/>  - a provider of population estimates for local authorities.

·    Freedating.co.uk <http://www.freedating.co.uk/surveys/>  – dating site
with 50,000 active profiles with a broad demographic.

I am now looking to employ a graduate statistician to sustain recent
business growth.  This is an excellent opportunity to benefit from my
extensive experience and to learn how statistics is applied in the real
world. In effect, you will be my apprentice for the first 2 years and the
value of the one on one coaching you will receive should not be
underestimated.  You will also have the opportunity to accompany me on
visits to clients and develop skills in dealing with many types of clients.
The role is a home-based one but there will be regular meetings with me in
Bath plus one day a week in Cardiff with Innovantage.

Essential Requirements

*	A person with initiative who is able to work on their own, manage
their own time and complete multiple disparate tasks to a variety of
deadlines.
*	At least a 2(i) or higher degree in Statistics or a Masters degree
in another subject with a significant statistical component.
*	Good communication skills particularly when communicating complex
statistical concepts to a non-statistical audience both verbally and in
written form.
*	Demonstrable knowledge of statistical theory & practice in at least
two of these topics:

Ø  Time Series Analysis & Forecasting

Ø  Sample & Survey Design

Ø  Generalised Linear Modelling

Ø  Multivariate Analysis

Ø  Statistical Process Control & Quality Control

Ø  Experimental Design

*	Strong software skills including:

Ø  Microsoft Excel especially data management functions & pivot tables.

Ø  Databases (SQL or Microsoft Access) especially the design of queries.

Ø  Statistical packages (preferably R).

Please email your CV & covering letter to  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
[log in to unmask]  When preparing your CV, you must provide evidence
that you meet the essential requirements listed above.  First interviews
will take place in the week commencing 8th August in Bath and you should
indicate in your letter which days you are available in that week.  Final
interviews will take place in the second half of August and the role will
ideally start at the end of September.

For more information please visit my website at
<http://www.marriott-stats.com/> www.marriott-stats.com.

NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT CONSULTANTS: I am aware that ALLSTAT is used by many
recruitment consultants who will no doubt wish to contact me.  Due to my
work with Innovantage I am more aware than most people as to how the
recruitment business works.  Please understand I am only interested in
filling this role as specified and I have no interest in filling other
roles.  If you believe you can help me regarding this role, then please send
an email in the first instance stating precisely how I will benefit from
spending my money for your services and I will contact you if I believe you
have something to offer.

Kind Regards

Nigel Marriott

Chartered Statistician

Marriott Statistical Consulting Limited

Ground Floor, 21 Marlborough Buildings, Bath BA1 2LY, United Kingdom

Tel (office)    +44 (0)1225 489033        Fax   +44 (0)870 6221969

Company No. 5577275, VAT No. 883304029, Registered in England,   Registered
Office – Equity House, 4-6 School Road, Tilehurst, Reading, RG31 5AL

SIGNOFF allstat