Can anyone please refer me to literature please that deals with the
following? (It sounds very Kishian.)

Thanks for any advice. (I'm dealing with a web-survey of institutions, but
many of the issues are generic - are any other stages worth mentioning
besides those below?)

JOHN BIBBY

======================

Questionnaire completion is a multi-stage process e.g.

   - ensure email address is correct
   - email arrives at respondent's institution
   - it gets to the right person(s)
   - they read it
   - they decide to start completing it
   - they decide to finish completing it
   - they attempt to give us full, accurate responses
   - they succeed in giving us full, accurate responses
   - they send it (all) off
   - it all reaches us
   - we manage to deal with it OK.

Which of these are the crucial steps? What are the implications for survey
design and for follow-up?

SIGNOFF allstat