Hello list members,

We currently have a rule in our LIS which blocks repeat requests for 25-hydoxy vitamin D within 3 months.

Prof. Fraser presented some data at FOCUS suggesting that it takes up to 6 months for

circulating levels to reach a new steady once a patient has been started on oral supplements.

Is it reasonable to block repeat requests within 6 months?

What are you all doing out there to cope with the surge in requests and have you got any published

evidence to support your approach?

Wayne Bradbury.

Mr WH Bradbury

Consultant Biochemist

Biochemistry Department

Cumberland Infirmary

CARLISLE

Cumbria

CA2 7HY

Tel:     01228 814521

Fax:    01228 814831

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/