Mainly for listmembers in the UK

We thought you should know about this meeting before the holiday season so that is in your diaries!

The West Midlands Region of the ACB is holding a rather special Joint Meeting with the RCPath on Wednesday 9th November, at which we are delighted to announce that the President of the RCPath - Professor Archie Prentice - has agreed to speak.

As this meeting is likely to attract many registrants, we have booked the Event Suite at the ThinkTank Science Museum, Millenium Point, Birmingham.

The themes and titles are in place; we are just waiting for some of the speakers to confirm and to finalise the fees, after which registration will open.  (If you are really keen to get your name down and certain you will attend, please email me - not this list - and I'll pre-register you now.)

Further details of the venue, programme and online registration may be found here.

Thank you

Jonathan Middle (ACBWM Meeting Secretary)

====================================

Association for Clinical Biochemistry West Midlands Region
Wednesday 9th November 2011

Event Suite, thinktank Science Museum, Millennium Point, Birmingham B4 7XG

Joint Scientific Meeting with the Royal College of Pathologists

10.00        Registration & Coffee
10.40        Introduction and welcome.

Morning session – Robert Gaddie Award and RCPath President’s Lecture

Chair:         Dr Clare Ford

10.45        Grade A Trainee Presentations for the Robert Gaddie Award

11.45        Multidisciplinary Approach to provision of pathology services Professor Archie Prentice (President RCPath)

12.30        Lunch

Afternoon session – Multidisciplinary Approach to Multiple Myeloma

Chair:        Craig Webster

13.30        Multiple Myeloma – A Patient Perspective (speaker tba)

14.10        Shared Care Pathways and the Diagnosis of MM and MGUS (awaiting speaker confirmation)

14.50        Tests for polyclonal and monoclonal immunoglobulins in the diagnosis and management of myeloma Professor Mark Drayson

15.20        Tea

15.40        Myeloma - New test for an old disease and new application of an old test S Anandram, Stephen Harding, Supratik Basu

16.10        Molecular Techniques and Their Uses in Multiple Myeloma (speaker tba)

16.40        Close

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/