Hi everyone,

Our hospital is being redeveloped and as part of this process we will be moving into new premises in about 18 months. As part of the redevelopment, the engineers are planning for a single reverse osmosis plant with filters, deionizing columns  etc capable of delivering 300 L/h, along with a 3000 L reservoir tank. The current plans also includes reticulating the water throughout the laboratory through just two circuits. Our major concern with this configuration is the risk of microbial / algal contamination.

I wonder if list members' would be willing to share their experience with similar systems. In particular, what are the risks of contamination? If contamination does occur, how easy or difficult is decontamination?

Regards

Doug

Doug Chesher
Clinical Biochemistry
Royal North Shore Hospital
St Leonards NSW 2065
Australia
This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk