Hello,

All patients with liver disease/ acites have a raised C125, values may reach 3000 Iu/L. In my view C125 does not have any diagnostic funct
tionality  when associated with 'liver disease', however it is claimed that C125 measurement may be useful in monitoring malignant acites.

John Martin

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/