I am interested to know whether any labs in the UK are routinely using urine myoglobin assays (qualitative or quantitative) for the diagnosis of rhabdomyolysis and in particular the decision as to whether or not to use forced alkaline diuresis.

I am happy to collate any responses and post back on the mail base.

Many thanks to you all.

Dr Anne-Marie Kelly

Consultant Chemical Pathologist

University Hospital of South Manchester

Southmoor Rd

Manchester M23 9LT

Tel: 0161 291 2132

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error you should not disseminate, distribute or copy it. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system.
------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/