Aloha,

On 7/27/2011 9:20 AM, Chas S. Clifton wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">Just wanted to point out Egil Asprem's interesting blog
post on Anders Breivik, esotericism, and the "Templars,"
which I linked here: <http://blog.chasclifton.com/?p=2948>
Once I overheard an OTO practitioner claim to have used
thermite to destroy a love-spell-holding talisman and rid
her/himself of the spell and relationship involved. My
more or less reflexive response was--That's not magical!

Over the years of watching various forms of Christian
occultism and/or revivals of Christian esoteric ism, my
response amounts to pretty much the same thing. I
sometimes think that we need to establish a different
branch of esoteric taxonomy for these developments
and movements that assert strong links to the esoteric
legacy but seem more to link to pop culture.

I find it worth noting that lots of commentators want
to distance Breivik from Christianity and to tangle him
with any or all anti-Christian ideologies. Like Laveyian
Satanism.

Lastly, let me observe that I have encountered precisely
no magical practitioners who favor political or social
violence. But I have encountered plenty of political
operatives, social agents, and ideologues who do.
Along with a few sociopaths.

Musing Wouldn't Esotericists Call On Angels, Demons,
Or Divine Wrath--Not Bombs And Gunfire? Rose,

Pitch