From: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kim, Jeongsik
Sent: 15 June 2011 05:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SPM] Can anybody provide with explanation for paired t-test method

Dear SPM users,

Regarding the paired-t test using SPM8,

I would like to ask overall explanation since I couldn't find any documents for reference.

First of all, in order to analyze the gray matter volume difference within a group (20 subjects) before treatment and after.

I did three batch processes, 1) new segmentation, 2) create templates (DARTEL), 3) normalization to MNI.

After this, I couldn't proceed it anymore.

What I want to know is as the followings...

1) Pairs: Should I set 20 pairs for 20 subjects? If so, for each pair(Scans[1,2]), what kind of data should I input?

   In some blogs, I should consider con*.img as the input. Is it right? If so, How can I generate that kind of data.

2) After the factorial design, how to define the contrast? In detail, how to composite contrast weights vector?

Please let me know any information for the above...

Thanks