Hi, I'd like to be able to statistically compare the time it takes for the event-related response to peak across two regions. So far, I've been using rfxplot to extract peri-stimulus time histograms (PSTHs) for the two regions I'd like to compare. (rfxplot uses the FIR approach.) I've extracted them in 2 sec bins (corresponding to my TR), beginning at stimulus onset and ending 10 seconds later (trials last 3-4 seconds). For each subject, is it valid to define the time to peak as simply the time bin with the maximum value, and to simply use a paired samples t-test to compare the peak time bin across subjects?

Any thoughts on this approach or suggestions for alternatives is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Bob Spunt, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology
University of California, Los Angeles