From: Barry Richards <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Responding to extremisms: media roles and responsibilities. 15 July conference in Bournemouth
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, 16 June, 2011, 13:07

Message

With apols to network
members who may be less interested in this debate:

Tom's exposition brings
out key issues very clearly. We could presumably all agree that there are
typically different measures of all things in the conduct of any State, but we
might read the measurements for, say, the British state rather differently.
Beyond that point, it would be good to think that a shared psychosocial
understanding of the importance of phantasy would enable the debate to continue.
Perhaps there'll be an occasion to test that out,
Barry

#yiv121759550 st1\00003a* {
}

 _filtered #yiv121759550 {
font-family:SimSun;}
 _filtered #yiv121759550 {
font-family:Tahoma;}
 _filtered #yiv121759550 {
}
 _filtered #yiv121759550 {margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt;}
#yiv121759550 P.yiv121759550MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE:12pt;MARGIN:0cm 0cm 0pt;FONT-FAMILY:"Times New Roman";}
#yiv121759550 LI.yiv121759550MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE:12pt;MARGIN:0cm 0cm 0pt;FONT-FAMILY:"Times New Roman";}
#yiv121759550 DIV.yiv121759550MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE:12pt;MARGIN:0cm 0cm 0pt;FONT-FAMILY:"Times New Roman";}
#yiv121759550 A:link {
COLOR:blue;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;}
#yiv121759550 SPAN.yiv121759550MsoHyperlink {
COLOR:blue;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;}
#yiv121759550 A:visited {
COLOR:purple;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;}
#yiv121759550 SPAN.yiv121759550MsoHyperlinkFollowed {
COLOR:purple;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;}
#yiv121759550 SPAN.yiv121759550SpellE {
}
#yiv121759550 DIV.yiv121759550Section1 {
}

Barry
Richards
Professor