Good point Mico.

 You've reminded me that I would not have been able to do the London International Youth Science Forum work had I not been provided with free student accommodation, free meals each day and a tube travel pass.

Would you say shorter periods exclude fewer people, but the principle and effects remain the same?

I'd recommend starting a Cafe Scientifique to gain experience. Or simply to have fun! I co-founded (with Amanda Tyndall) and hosted Brighton's Cafe Scientifique for four years, whilst I worked at SPRU. I loved it.

Good to see the recent adverts for paid positions on the list.

Dr Jenny Gristock
Science Writer

Sent from my mobile