Thanks Barry.  I'm not sure if 'nacre' isnt something of a lucky accident, but yes, it hopes to work as against the other 'n' words of explosives that could be there...

Doug
On 2011-06-01, at 12:21 PM, Barry Alpert wrote:

> Doug,
>
> I admire the way in which the diction so often contradicts itself (even while internally rhyming) to yield the dominant image of a chaotic onslaught. Looking up the definition of nacre and being surprised by mother of pearl summed up for me the terribly ironic progression.
>
> Barry

Douglas Barbour

http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbarbour/
http://eclecticruckus.wordpress.com/

Latest books:
Continuations (with Sheila E Murphy)
http://www.uap.ualberta.ca/UAP.asp?LID=41&bookID=664
Wednesdays'
http://abovegroundpress.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-from-aboveground-press_10.html

Transforming once reasonable human beings into gullible idiots is one of the biggest businesses we have.

		Charles Simic