Thanks, Doug and Patrick, for your intriguing responses.  Here's the URL for the gallery announcement, in which the  perversely antithetic typo still remains, even though the exhibition opens in 5 hours.  I had thought of contacting one of the artists (Ayo, whom I've met and who made a good first impression on me) or the gallery (with which I've had no previous contact), but I didn't because I've enjoyed imagining the performative possibilities within the opening if any of those attending decided to revile instead of backslap or applaud.

http://www.vividsolutionsdc.com/gallery/exhibitions_anacostia.html

Barry