Interesting Andrew.

I see a lot of poems going back to the caps at the beginning of each line these days, but cant understand why.  Hmmnn?

I think you can edit down a bit: as: do you need 'I feel' when youve already said 'In my mind'?

Doug
On 2011-06-09, at 3:27 AM, andrew burke wrote:

> On hard rock ridges in The Kimberley—
> Red flushed cheekbones on its ancient face—
> Grooves scar the surface
> Where Jaru sharpened their spears.
> Wild extremes of weather
> Haven’t worn these stone grooves flat,
> Millennia haven’t erased the patina
> Of one civilisation before another,
> The one before us now.
>
> In my mind I feel grooves
> Of dogma, prayers and chants,
> Delicious incense and the lyrical smell
> Of candles snuffed after Benediction.
> Torrential rains have questioned them,
> Wild winds are weaker than their hold.
> At night in the yard I stand, evaluating
> Their mark, their meaning, and turn away
> Unsatisfied.
>
> --
>
> All comments welcome, as always.
>
> --
>
> Andrew
> http://hispirits.blogspot.com/
> 'Mother Waits for Father Late' republished available at
> http://www.picaropress.com/
> http://www.qlrs.com/poem.asp?id=766
> http://frankshome.org/AndrewBurke.html

Douglas Barbour

http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbarbour/
http://eclecticruckus.wordpress.com/

Latest books:
Continuations (with Sheila E Murphy)
http://www.uap.ualberta.ca/UAP.asp?LID=41&bookID=664
Wednesdays'
http://abovegroundpress.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-from-aboveground-press_10.html

Transforming once reasonable human beings into gullible idiots is one of the biggest businesses we have.

		Charles Simic