On Fri, 2011-06-17 at 09:45 -0700, Catherine Daly wrote:
> but isn't there equally compelling information that the amygdalae are
> pretty easy to reprogram with cognitive behavioural therapy,

Cognitive behavioural therapy has come in for some rigorous criticism
lately and the initial claims are proving to be erroneous with other
researchers. (The problem with modern research being more like a PR
exercise)

So, despite the alloplastic nature of the brain, demonstrated to me by
my ability to recover from a series of minor strokes, cognitive
behavioural therapy is still unable to grasp the picture, so to speak.

(Included in this is my treating of my-self subjectivity as an object
which is the weakness of the object/subject mode of thought, of
course.)

Thanks for the comments BTW. Will try yo get to Dominic's very
interesting comments for a comment.

This is also connected with the current quarrels over the nature of
Aspereger's which may be erroneous in claiming it as an Autism Spectrum
Disorder Syndrome. (The limits of categories.)

--
have chronic fatigue immune dysfunction syndrome so may be delayed in reply or brain fog weird
just to let you know that's all, Chris Jones.

Blog: http://abdevpoetics.blogspot.com/