Apologies for cross posting - there are a lot of overlapping lists and I suspect many will see this message several times!

I’m involved in organising two events in Edinburgh in August that may well be of interest to many here as both relate to collaboration, technology and learning in different ways:

The first is an event on open source, geo and health and the ways in which these areas overlap. Anyone working in health or health education will realise how important geography can be in health education and promotion work, epidemiology, etc. Myself and colleagues on the #jiscGECO project are keen to see how open source and open geo data in particular connects to health and are therefore holding a free workshop in Edinburgh on 9th August to explore these issues. More information on our blog and booking form here: http://open-geo-and-health.eventbrite.com/.

We will also be holding some further geo related events for the GECO project across the UK – if you’d like more info on these as they are announced do email me: [log in to unmask]

The second event is the Repository Fringe 2011 unconference (#rfringe11) and takes place in Edinburgh from 3rd-5th August 2011 at the Informatics Forum of the University of Edinburgh. This is always a really fun look at all ideas and issues around repositories and how repositories are in use in the academic sector – for teaching and learning materials, for research materials, for publications, etc. It is free to attend (booking form here) and there are always opportunities to contribute to the programme so if you’d like to take part (in person or virtually) then please get in touch. You can email myself or the official email address for the event: [log in to unmask]

Both events will include a lively amount of blogging, tweeting and repofringe should also be videoed for viewing online afterwards so there should be opportunities to take part in the discussions even if you cannot make it along in person.

Hope to see some of you there!

- Nicola

--
Nicola Osborne
EDINA Social Media Officer

GECO website: http://geco.blogs.edina.ac.uk
Follow us: @jiscGECO

RepoFringe website: http://www.repositoryfringe.org/
Follow us: @repofringe

EDINA: http://www.edina.ac.uk/
t: 0131 651 3873
e: [log in to unmask]

a: EDINA/Data Library Services for University of Edinburgh The University of Edinburgh, Main Library Building, George Square, Edinburgh, EH8 9LJ