Without moisturization anyone can get skin dryness. Staff can moisturise
theri skin AS LONG AS they are not going to wear gloves in the 10
minutes afterwards so that hyperhydration of the skin does not occur.

keeping £1 acqueous cream in their pocketand using it before breaks or
any other opportunity wear gloves are not likley to be worn for 10
minutes,  is the best solution to skin dryness and a if its her nails
then maybe some more robust crean at night during winter  may be
helpful.

Sue

Susan Gorton   Occupational Health Department Manager   Occupational
Health Department, Level 3 Ormond House, 26-27 Boswell Street, London
WC1N 3JZ    Mob: 07833294568   Tel: 020 7813 8554   Ext 0247   Fax : 020
7813 8355   Email: [log in to unmask]      From Sept 2010 I am on study
leave on Tuesdays throughout the academic year

>>> p cranney <[log in to unmask]> 10/06/2011 18:06 >>>
Dear List
I have recently seen a client who works in a healthcare setting , uses
hand gel in between clients with each change of glove.
Skin problems have arisen , mild dryness, but I need to look at "soap
vs. hand gel when used with gloves" evidence for change.
Or has anyone had similar issues?

regards
Pauline

********************************

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient please inform the sender that you have received the
message in error before deleting it.

Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or
take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

Thank you for your co-operation.

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: