Re: [OCC-HEALTH] degree What better recommendation and how kind of you Cheryl to offer your support.

Professional practice, let alone studying on a professional course presents challenges. It is great to know there are a network of practitioners such as those who subscribe to JISC who can assist.

Good luck with your studies

Anne

On 08/06/2011 09:42, "Lawton, Cheryl (UK)" <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Anne,

I am almost at the end of my course at Leeds Met, and can honestly say I have enjoyed the experience, even though I am particularly stressed at the moment!

I am based near Hull and travel by train to Leeds, one of my friends on the course travels from Lincoln. What ever you decide I may be able to offer some support with your studies as we share a link via Dr Guest who is OHP for us.

Good luck with your search.

Regards

Cheryl

From: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lyndasinclair73
Sent: 07 June 2011 18:50
To: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] degree

                    *** WARNING ***

  This message has originated outside your organisation,
So does this mean that you would
Only have to do 1 year I also have done dip at Warwick
Thanks
Lynda

Sent from my iPhone

On 6 Jun 2011, at 23:16, "[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello Anne

It is difficult to comment about  courses other than my own as I don’t know their specific rules. However, the  general principles will be the same. Think of academic courses a bit like  going up an escalator in a three story building. Level 1,(also known as level  4) is the first floor and the equivalent of the first year of a university  degree. Level  2 (also known as 5)  is the second floor – second  year of a degree. The third year is level 3 (also known as 6).

The  diplomas of Warwick and Uni Glam are both excellent courses but they are  delivered at diploma level which is level 2(AKA level 5) the academic level of  the second year of a degree programme. The academic level does not relate to  how good courses are just what “floor” in the educational escalator they are  taught at. So the short answer is that it is unlikely that you will get  exemptions from a course delivered at level 3(6). However, entry to level 3  courses usually requires previous study at level 2 so the diploma would be  what would get you into the course; rather like A levels are the entry point  to a degree studied straight from school at the age of 18. Don’t be  disheartened as it does mean that you go straight to the third year of a  degree programme. When I first started teaching at the RCN academic credit  wasn’t given for having an RGN so those people had to do all three years of a  degree programme.

Although we have had students from Lincolnshire  registering on our programme (we have had students travel from Scotland,  Ireland and Wales before now) I suspect that the nearest course to you for  face to face teaching would be Leeds Met, give Becky a call. The alternative  is D/L at either University of West of Scotland or Robert Gordon University.  D/L doesn’t suit everyone – it requires a high level of self discipline but it  is great option for those who have that.

Best

Anne