Although we have had students from Lincolnshire registering on our programme (we have had students travel from Scotland, Ireland and Wales before now) I suspect that the nearest course to you for face to face teaching would be Leeds Met, give Becky a call. The alternative is D/L at either University of West of Scotland or Robert Gordon University. D/L doesn’t suit everyone – it requires a high level of self discipline but it is great option for those who have that.

Best

Anne

On 06/06/2011 22:49, "Anne Newham" <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello Anne

Could you just clarify for me if this applies if you also studied at Warwick Diploma for the Diploma in OH, as I am planning to further my studies hopefully next year & will be devastated if nothing can be be accredited.

I am based in North Lincolnshire/South Humberside & would ideally need to look for something more local, so sadly London would be too far for me to travel. I have heard nothing but great things about your course & remembering you lecturing us at Warwick a few years ago.

Kind Regards

Anne Newham
OHA
Caritas Ltd

From: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 7:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] degree

Hello Georgina

The diploma you have completed at Uni Glam is taught at second year degree level - level 2 – (known in some institutions as level5). All the SCPHN courses are currently taught at level 3 (AKA level 6) and therefore it is unlikely that you would be able to make an APL claim as the levels are different. However, on the plus side, you should find degree level OHN study easy  and you will be at a distinct advantage. I have taught several students with the Warwick Diploma in OH and having completed that course puts them at a distinct advantage.

Not sure where in the country you are based. We are based near Waterloo and a number of underground stations if you would be interested in studying with us. If so please contact me off list on this email address.

Best

Anne Harriss
Course Director
LONDON SOUTH BANK UNIVERSITY