We use Bupa, they have Wellbeing Centres near a train station in most major cities in the UK, so employees can travel there easily, they take the samples, ID is required.

Joan
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">sharon naylor
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 1:09 PM
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] drug/alcohol test providers and/or kit

depends what the company/providor want to do I suppose but I would prefer to contract such testing out to avoid any potential allegations of conflict of interests/being seen to be "policing" employees. Doubtless would seem to be be more cost effective in the short term to have OH do it - but I think thats short sighted, especially if dismissal may be an outcome. In any scenario would need to be based on a comprehensive drug/alcohol policy that clearly defines roles/ what measures would be followed in the event of a +ve result? I personally would prefer OH to be seen as a support mechanism/gateway to external agencies but Im sure others may have differing views