Pippa

You are saying exactly what I think - no not from the RCN but in an open learning forum with some very high powered OH practitioners who did not challenge this!  Me? I was having a quiet heart attack.....!

Just to be on the safe side I am going to recheck with the RCN because the individual who talked about this was very convincing and had a strong argument - but I am feeling a bit better now.

Jane

Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 16:25:06 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Insurance/indemnity cover
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi Jane

That's very strange. I checked this some time ago and the RCN advised me that I was covered as a sole proprietor as long as not employing others who are not RCN members.

They told me that I should not need to get separate cover and this in fact may lead to dispute in the event of a claim.

They specifically said that it covers the additional Occ Health component.

In conclusion I was advised that I had sufficient cover via the RCN as long as I work within my own competence in line with NMC Code of Conduct and RCN guidelines.

Did the RCN advise you that you were not covered?

Pippa Stanford