From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Tim Ellis
Sent: 15 June 2011 16:07
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Electronic Cigarettes in the work place

Dear list,

A member of staff has raised an enquiry about the use of e-cigarettes at
work. For those that don't know, they look like ordinary cigarettes but are
(usually) plastic, contain nicotine and emit a "vapour" which is reportedly
harmless (by manufacturers) but it appears this is currently unproven. I
must admit it had me stumped for a minute, I have approached my local NHS
smoking cessation team for a view but was wondering if anyone on the list
had a view or experiences about these things in their workplace, in
particular in relation to smoking policy?

Kind Regards,

Tim Ellis RN, SPCHN (OH), PgDip OH
Occupational Health Advisor
Occupational Health Department

Edward Herbert Building (EHB)

Loughborough University
Leicestershire
LE11 3TU

UK

Telephone: 01509 222851

Mobile:      07917 053340

Fax:           01509 222852

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/admin/hse/occupational/

teamgb-bse2011

  _____

This message was scanned by SNT Solutions <http://www.snt.uk.com>  for Virus
& SPAM Content and is believed to be clean.  For more information please
visit www.snt.uk.com <http://www.snt.uk.com/>

  _____

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:

This message was scanned by SNT Solutions for Virus & SPAM Content and is believed to be clean.

For more information visit http://www.snt.uk.com

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: