I would give the ex employee exactly what they have requested i.e. if they have requested their file then all contents go with it including handwritten notes. It is always worth double checking that nothing has slipped in that may be harmful to 3rd parties etc. I once had to blank out a comment an OHP had written about the employees father being charged for something that he was later cleared of however I added a note to explain to the solicitor that I had judged it as harmful to a 3rd party and it was never questioned.

Julia Wright. RN, MSc Occupational Health, MHSC.
Occupational Health Advisor.
07826513336

Lesley Bamford <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: [log in to unmask]

21/06/2011 11:52
Please respond to
Occupational Health mailing list <[log in to unmask]>

cc
Subject
[OCC-HEALTH] Employee requesting OH file ['PureMessage.Watchdog': checked] ['Watchdog': checked]

Hi All,

I am hoping for your sound advice as per usual on this one please.
I have never had a request like this before and think I know what to do but your advice and experience would be reallly appreciated.

The HR dept have had a request for copies of the HR and OH file of an individual that has been dismissed. The request is in the form of a letter direct from the individual. Obviously I need to see the letter and I would send any OH info directly to the individual but would you send the whole file including your written notes? I do not have any objections to the individual seeing these- I was very supportive!

Thank you in anticipation for your help and advice.

Kind Regards
Lesley

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:

This e-mail has been sent in confidence to the named
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient you
must not disclose or distribute it in any form, and you are
asked to contact the sender immediately

Unipart Group of Companies Ltd. Registered in England No. 1994997
Registered office: Unipart House, Cowley, Oxford, OX4 2PG ******************************** Please remove this footer before replying.