Curatorial opportunity:

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Andy Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: 22 June 2011 13:59:06 GMT+01:00
> To: <[log in to unmask]>
> Bcc: <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Visualise Public Art Programme_Guest Curator Opportunity, Pervasive Media Practice
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> As part of Anglia Ruskin University's 'Visualise' Public Art Programme
> we'd like to commission a Guest Curator to programme and deliver a set
> of exhibitions / events linked to the strategy's themes (public art
> and pervasive media practice).
> The programme would connect with the other Visualise strands: a new
> commission by 'Circumstance' (Duncan Speakman, Emilie Grenier, Sarah
> ), and a set of R+D collaborations between artists and technology
> companies in Cambridge.
> It's a £10k fee, with £10K production budget, with the opportunity to
> further fundraise as appropriate.
> Delivery would be between Oct 2010 and June 2011.
>
> Attached is the brief, plus the original Public Art Strategy for your
> reference...its developed on a little from that...but principally the
> same.
> As you can see, the deadline for ppl to apply is July 18, and we'd aim
> to interview on Fri July 22...so not a lot of time.
>
> I'd be very grateful if you would pass it to those you think might be
> interested.
> It's a great opportunity for someone interested in this field to scope
> and deliver a programme of their making, and engage with the Ruskin
> Gallery and other campus and Cambridge spaces..
>
> By all means get in touch with any ?'s.
>
> Very best wishes,
>
> Andy
>
> --
> --
> Andy Robinson
> Project Manager
> m. 07791 807814
> www.futurecity.co.uk
> twitter: Futurecity_East
>
> East Office:
> Arts & Business East
> St Andrews House
> 59 St Andrews Street
> Cambridge
> CB2 3BZ
> T.  +44 (0)1223 321 428
>
> Head Office:
> Futurecity Ltd,
> Arts and Business
> Nutmeg House
> 60 Gainsford Street
> Butlers Wharf
> London
> SE1 2NY
> T. +44 (0)20 7407 0500
> F. +44 (0)20 7407 3636
>
> Futurecity blog: http://madeinfuturecity.wordpress.com
>
> ----------------------------
>
> The information contained in this email and any attachments is
> intended only for the use of the named addressee. It may contain
> information that is privileged and confidential, the disclosure of
> which is strictly prohibited by law. Any privilege or confidentiality
> [...]

Beryl Graham, Professor of New Media Art
Research Student Manager, Art and Design
MA Curating Course Leader

Faculty of Arts, Design, and Media, University of Sunderland
Ashburne House, Ryhope Road
Sunderland
SR2 7EE
Tel: +44 191 515 2896    Fax: +44 191 515 2132
Email: [log in to unmask]

CRUMB web resource for new media art curators
http://www.crumbweb.org

CRUMB's new books:
Rethinking Curating: Art After New Media from MIT Press
http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=12071
A Brief History of Curating New Media Art, and A Brief History of Working with New Media Art from The Green Box
http://www.thegreenbox.net