FYI

From: Discussion list for PCG Reviewers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Henderson, Sonja
Sent: 23 June 2011 11:42
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Article about statistical methods used in Cochrane Pregnancy and Childbirth Group's reviews

Dear All

As you know, we updated our methodological guidelines in April this year. Our guidelines were updated following a formal assessment of the statistical methods used in our Group’s reviews. You can read how we went about the assessment, the results of the assessment and the conclusions in a recently published paper by Richard Riley, Simon Gates, Jim Neilson and Zarko Alfirevic – see Riley RD, Gates S, Neilson J, Alfirevic Z. Statistical methods can be improved within Cochrane pregnancy and childbirth reviews. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology 2011;6(64): 608-18.

Best wishes

Sonja

Sonja Henderson
Managing Editor, Cochrane Pregnancy and Childbirth Group

Department of Women's and Children's Health, Institute of Translational Medicine, The University of Liverpool

University Department, Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust, Crown Street, Liverpool, L8 7SS

Tel: +44 151 7024066; Fax: +44 151 7024335

Website: www.pregnancy.cochrane.org