Thanks Pam.

Do you know if the group following yours graduated with a degree? My understanding is that the first midwives who undertook university education qualified with a diploma of higher education rather than a degree.

Thanks

Billie

From: Pamela Harnden [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 14 June 2011 13:47
To: A forum for discussion on midwifery and reproductive health research.; Hunter, Billie
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: UK graduate midwifery query

Hi,

I commenced my midwifery training in 1991 at Billinge hospital, it was a combined course with Bolton. We were the last group to go through this 'traditional' type of training as the school were in the process of merging with the University of Lancashire.

I don't know if this helps

Pam Harnden

Honorary Research Fellow and Research Assistant

Melbourne University

Sent from my iPad