I am Soma Mukhopadhyay from Calcutta,West Bengal,India doing research on the
traditional midwives of  India last 15 year.I wrote a book on the subject
BANGLAR DAI (TRADITIONAL MIDWIVES OF BENGAL) and writing article regularly
to aware the people.I believe that history of traditional midwifery has a
very ancient root in India.We have heard it during the days of Charaka and
Sushruta.We have many skilled midwives here.If we blend this tradition with
scientific midwifery that would be better for our country man.Midwives are
the care giver for the poor women live in theremote village of our
country.If we can exchange our idea with them they can do wonder.