This message has been sent through the MASSOBS discussion list.
Remember, clicking 'reply' sends your message to the list.

Dear Jiscmailers,

I have just been informed that there is an MO inspired event happening on the London Southbank this weekend. The event is organised by the Southbank Centre and the Inspector Sands theatre company.  Further details can be found below and on the Southbank's website: http://ticketing.southbankcentre.co.uk/find/literature-spoken-word/tickets/southbank-centre-and-inspector-sands-100014

If you do go, I would be very grateful if you could post your thoughts about the event to the e-mail list.

Kind regards
Jessica

As part of the Southbank Centre's 60th Anniversary of the Festival of Britain, Inspector Sands have created two 15-minute mini-shows:

In their lifetime, the average visitor to the Southbank's summer festival will have eaten 9,100 eggs, sent 670,000 emails, have had  three regularly recurring stress dreams and watched a day's worth of footage on YouTube. They will have eaten cereal for breakfast, be carrying £1.73 in loose change and wake up once a week with a song stuck in their head. They will be worried about an uncertain future and nostalgic for the simpler days of the past.

Inspired by the spirit of the original festival and the work of the Mass-Observation movement, Inspector Sands invite you to join their mission to create 'A Portrait of the Ordinary Festival-goer' through which we will take stock of our past,  try to understand our present and work out what to do next... One show happens in the Royal Festival Hall bar and the other (weather permitting) happens on the terrace outside for a small headphone-wearing audience.

They're happening roughly every hour across the weekend from Friday evening, through Saturday (12.30-10) and finishing on Sunday (12.30-7ish). And... they're free!

http://ticketing.southbankcentre.co.uk/find/literature-spoken-word/tickets/southbank-centre-and-inspector-sands-100014

Jessica Scantlebury,
The Mass Observation Archive
Special Collections,
The Library, University of Sussex,
BRIGHTON BN1 9QL, UK
Tel. +44 (0) 1273 678157
http://www.massobs.org.uk/index.htm
http://www.sussex.ac.uk/library/speccoll/

To leave this list email [log in to unmask]
Alternatively, send the following command to [log in to unmask]
leave massobs