There is a useful blog post today from Chris Batt about the down-to-earth
(first time) user experience of a public library ebook service. So whether a
library is planning on charging or not (he is against charges btw) he has
some helpful remarks.

http://chrisbatt.wordpress.com/2011/06/05/it-can-do-yer-
<http://chrisbatt.wordpress.com/2011/06/05/it-can-do-yer-'ed-in/> ‘ed-in/

He says: ‘What I.... want to suggest is that those adopting these services
should do some proper usability testing and ensure that the entry route for
the new user friendly and clear about what can or cannot be done and how the
system will function in a wide variety of conditions and configurations’.

Ken

Ken Chad Consulting Ltd

Tel +44 (0)7788 727 845. Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
[log in to unmask]   <http://www.kenchadconsulting.com/>
www.kenchadconsulting.com

Skype: kenchadconsulting   Twitter: @KenChad

Open Library Systems Specifications:   <http://libtechrfp.wikispaces.com/>