With apologies for cross-posting,

Measuring and demonstrating the impact academic libraries make on students, teachers and researchers, and on our institution's overall performance is crucial if we are to continue to develop our services in the coming years under the new funding arrangements. The Cilip UC&R East Midlands committee has put together this programme to help members and non-members keep abreast of developments in the field and gain practical understanding of the systems and processes involved.
There a still some places left but numbers are limited so please hurry. You can book a provisional place if you need to wait for approval from your institution. Contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

This event is open to members and non-members of Cilip. At only £10 for CILIP members and £25 for non-members, including lunch, the day offers excellent value. Members are welcome to stay for the Sections' AGM at 3.45 pm.
For booking information and full details of the sessions and speakers please visit our website http://tinyurl.com/ucr-em-events.

PROGRAMME OF THE DAY

10.00     Arrival, registration and refreshments

10.25     Introduction: Chris Martindale
10.30     Making an impact: The JISC Library Impact Data Project - Paul Stainthorp (JISC Project at University of Huddersfield)

11.20     Making an impact: The subject librarian and collaborative research: reflections on the PITSTOP Project - Jason Eyre (De Montfort University)

12.00     World Café, Topical Roundtable Discussion

12.45     Lunch
1.30        Evaluating library impact: how to outwit government, fight fashion - and develop libraries?  David Streatfield
                   (Consultant)

2.40        Making an impact at work through voluntary professional involvement and demonstrating its value to employers - Maria Cotera

3.40        UC&R Annual General Meeting

4.00        Close

At only £10 for CILIP members and £25 for non-members, including lunch, the day offers excellent value.

We look forward to meeting you there!

Chris Martindale
Chair CILIP UC&R East Midlands

Faculty Support Team Manager
Business Computing & Law
Learning Enhancement & Innovation
University of Derby
Derby
DE22 1GB

Tel. 01332-591212
e-mail [log in to unmask]

The University of Derby has a published policy regarding email and reserves the right to monitor email traffic. If you believe this email was sent to you in error, please notify the sender and delete this email. Please direct any concerns to [log in to unmask]
The policy is available here: http://www.derby.ac.uk/LIS/Email-Policy