	Don’t miss the final date of June 24th for registration for the
ISKO UK biennial Conference  [1] at University College London [2] on
4th-5th July. It honours the life and achievements of Brian C
Vickery, a pioneer in our field. Details of the event are on the
conference site, where you can also register.

	The theme is _FACETS OF KNOWLEDGE ORGANIZATION_, with 28
presentations as well as seven posters. Day One includes a special
session co-organized by our colleagues in the European network of
NKOS [3] (Networked Knowledge Organization Systems/Services). The
topic, “What role can KOS play in information retrieval
applications?” was inspired by Brian Vickery’s longstanding
interest in information retrieval. On the second day we shall hear
from several other speakers who have drawn on Vickery’s legacy.

	Our keynote speakers include Stephen Robertson, who, after leaving
the Aslib Research Department under Brian Vickery, spent many years
leading the Centre for Interactive Systems at City University and is
now a full-time researcher at the Microsoft Research Laboratory in
Cambridge; and Amanda Spink, recently appointed to the Chair in
Information Science at Loughborough University, moving from the
School of Information Sciences at the University of Pittsburgh.
Details of the programme are available on the website.

	This year the Proceedings will be published and sent to all those
attending the Conference, including not only the presented papers,
but a selection of papers either by, or about, Brian Vickery.

	Please let any interested colleagues know, and we look forward to
welcoming you to an enjoyable and important event

	ISKO is a not-for-profit scientific/professional association with
the objective of promoting research and communication in the domain
of knowledge organization, within the broad field of information
science and related disciplines. Founded in 2007, our UK Chapter has
been attracting lively and steadily growing audiences to its
afternoon meeting series [4] as well as its very successful first
conference [5] in 2009.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.iskouk.org/conf2011/index.htm