Dear Colleagues,

Some of you may recall that I attended a Westminster Briefing event on this
topic on your behalf. I've attached my notes of the meeting to this email.

The meeting was targeted at Local Authorities and did not actually address
any of the strategic issues in the Government's ICT strategy in much detail.
However it was interesting and gave me some ideas about how the strategy
might be adapted for use in your Institution if you wished by translating
the relevant objectives into College ones from Government ones. For example,
the commitment to make greater use of open standards to avoid lock in is
probably something that none of us would have any issue with. I also have
copies of the presentations and  the outcomes of the interactive voting
session in which we were asked for opinions about the sector's ability to
implement the strategy. However, rather than over-burden your inboxes, I can
let you have a copy if you want.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss the event and
the strategy in more detail. I have included some sections in italics which
represent my personal take on various aspects by way of a taster!

Kindest Regards,

Thomas

Thomas Rochford, e-Learning Advisor, JISC Regional Support Centre - Eastern

Tel: 07500 669002, 01223 564749 e-mail:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
[log in to unmask], skype: cambridge.serendipity

RSCs - Stimulating and Supporting Innovation in Learning

RSC Eastern welcomes feedback on our services via

e-mail