Dear AGS members,

We would like to bring you up to date with our latest Camden House publications. Our May/June publications range widely – from new aspects on Schiller, a study on Kant’s philosophy to Viennese Fin de Siècle literature, poetics after World War II to Post-Wende culture in Germany.

NEW

German and European Poetics after the Holocaust: Crisis and Creativity

Edited by GERT HOFMANN, RACHEL MagSHAMHRÁIN, MARKO PAJEVIĆ & MICHAEL SHIELDS

New essays on poetical and theoretical responses to the Holocaust's rupture of German and European civilization.

£40.00, May 2011, 978 1 57113 290 1, 3 b/w illus.; 318pp, HB, Studies in German Literature Linguistics and Culture, Camden House

Who Is This Schiller Now?: Essays on His Reception and Significance

Edited by JEFFREY L. HIGH, NICHOLAS MARTIN & NORBERT OELLERS

Contributions by top international Schiller scholars on the reception of the great German writer and dramatist, emphasizing his realist aspects.

£55.00, May 2011, 978 1 57113 488 2, 4 b/w illus.; 512pp, HB, Studies in German Literature Linguistics and Culture, Camden House

Imagining the Age of Goethe in German Literature, 1970-2010

JOHN D. PIZER

The first scholarly book treating the huge amount of recent and contemporary fiction set in the Age of Goethe and employing Goethe and other figures of the period as characters.

£45.00, August 2011, 978 1 57113 517 9, 224pp, HB, Studies in German Literature Linguistics and Culture, Camden House

Imperial Messages: Orientalism as Self-Critique in the Habsburg Fin de Siècle

ROBERT LEMON

Orientalism as self-critique rather than hegemonic discourse in works by Hofmannsthal, Musil, and Kafka.

£40.00, June 2011, 978 1 57113 500 1, 3 b/w illus.; 184pp, HB, Studies in German Literature Linguistics and Culture, Camden House

NEW IN PAPERBACK – Inspection copies available!

Many of our titles – companions, translated primary texts and reference works – are also available in paperback and the list grows continuously. To see the full range of CH paperbacks, visit the Books For Classroom Use section on our website.

Writing the New Berlin: The German Capital in Post-Wall Literature

KATHARINA GERSTENBERGER

A study of the "patchwork imaginary" that is postwall Berlin fiction and its significance for the new Germany.

A true gem for students and scholars who venture beyond the introduction to follow Gerstenberger's detailed analyses and thoughtful insights. GERMAN STUDIES REVIEW

£19.99 July 2011, 978 1 57113 513 1, 220pp, PB, Studies in German Literature Linguistics and Culture, Camden House

German Culture, Politics, and Literature into the Twenty-First Century: Beyond Normalization

Edited by STUART TABERNER & PAUL COOKE

The first major study of the contemporary German debate over "normalization" and its impact across the range of cultural, political, economic, intellectual, and historical discourses.

With its cross-disciplinary approach, the book provides a good overview of the discursive shifts that have accompanied German identity debates since the 1990s. MODERN LANGUAGE REVIEW

£19.99, July 2011, 978 1 57113 512 4, 3 b/w illus.; 254pp, PB, Studies in German Literature Linguistics and Culture, Camden House

PHILOSOPHY

Kant and the Concept of Community

Edited by CHARLTON PAYNE & LUCAS THORPE

An interdisciplinary collection of essays focused on Kant's work on the concept of community.

£19.99, April 2011, 978 1 58046 387 4, 328pp, PB, North American Kant Society Studies in Philosophy, University of Rochester Press

Should you have any questions or if you would like to request review copies, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you are interested in inspection copies for course adoption, please send an e-mail to [log in to unmask].

Kind regards,

Franziska Scheithauer

Franziska Scheithauer

CAMDEN HOUSE,

an imprint of BOYDELL & BREWER

www.camden-house.com

BOYDELL & BREWER

Boydell & Brewer Ltd
PO Box 9, Woodbridge

Suffolk IP12 3DF, UK

Tel: + 44 (0)1394 610 606

www.boydellandbrewer.com

For and on behalf of Boydell & Brewer Limited.  Registered Number: 961446 (England).  Registered Office: Whitwell House, St Audry’s Park Road, Melton, Suffolk, IP12 ISY, UK

For email confidentiality and disclaimer see: http://www.boydellandbrewer.com/email_confidentiality.asp